Women's Reproductive Health - Acupuncture & Infertility
The Acupuncture Center of Ann Arbor specializes in the treatment of infertility. Whether you are just getting started in your fertility journey, or are working with a fertility specialist, we can help increase your likelihood of conception and full term pregnancy.
Acupuncture can be used alone to increase fertility and achieve pregnancy, or used in conjunction with assisted reproductive technologies (ART), or in conjunction with in vitro fertilization (IVF), including gamete intra-fallopian transfer (GIFT), zygote intra-fallopian transfer (ZIFT), micro-manipulation, blastocyst transfer, and cryopreservation.
Holistic medicine aims to treat not just your body, but also the mind and soul. By considering daily environment and surroundings in addition to the condition itself many conditions can be cured. Holistic infertility treatments are largely noninvasive. Treatments focus on diet, exercise, lifestyle, physical therapy and counseling combined with other treatments on this site. Our techniques can help.
What can be treated:
- Idiopathic Infertility
- High FSH
- Poor Egg Quality and Diminished Ovarian Reserve
- Thin Endometrium
- Irregular Menstrual Cycles
- Estrogen Dominance
- Polycysitic Ovarian Syndrome
- Miscarriage and threatened miscarriage
- Sperm - Motility, Morphology and Motility
- Luteal Phase Defect
Conditions that can potentially affect female fertility:
- Abnormal Menstrual Cycles
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Uterine Fibroids
- Improve the success rates of IVF
- Reduce stress
- Improve ovarian response and decrease FSH levels
- Improve blood flow to the uterus and thicken endometrial lining • Increase ovarian blood flow and response
- Assist in implantation
- Improve sperm count, motility and morphology
- Reduce uterine artery impedance
- Strengthen and enhance the immune system
- Reduce the chance of miscarriage
- Regulate the hormones; including reducing excess estrogen
- Reduce the side effects of the hormone treatments
Some lifestyle tips:
- Stress hinders fertility, relax! Write down your thoughts, both stressful or and positive in journal or notebook. Let the negative thoughts go after you write them down. Talk about any worries you have, either with your partner or a friend or family member.
- Use acupuncture to help balance your body's energy and find harmony within your reproductive system and other internal organs.
- Use daily exercise to relieve stress. Low-impact exercise like yoga or tai chi, which can help relax your mind as well as your body. Cardio workouts exciting too.
- Believe in the power of positive thinking. Instead of dwelling on the roadblocks, make plans to combat them.
Make plans to give us a call to so we can set up a free consultation to help you further. (734) 222-8210.
Many women and men have found that acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine alone or in conjunction with their infertility regiment enhances their fertility and assists in dealing with the emotional challenges infertility presents. This holds the promise of an overall higher pregnancy rate. The Center’s goal is to assist and support you in conceiving and delivering a healthy baby. We offer hope for couples that have been trying unsuccessfully to have a child.