Most people are not born with food allergies, sensitivities, or intolerances – they’re acquired.
13 Warning Signs of Food Allergies:
- Tiredness, drowsiness, no energy: feeling continuously tired and out of sorts is often due to untreated food intolerance.
- Frequent headache or migraines: the slight inflammatory response caused by sensitivity to certain foods (like yeasts, gluten, dairy etc.) can cause headaches
- Stomach bloating, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence: all these including Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s, and Colitis and are common effects of food intolerance.
- Mouth Ulcers are hallmarks of an immune system under stress
- Chronic cough, bronchitis, asthma, colds and ‘flu’: respiratory conditions are often related to food intolerance
- Eczema, psoriasis, and chronic skin problems: skin conditions are just another form of inflammation. Moving to the correct diet can heal your skin.
- Aching joints, backache: inflammation as an immune response takes place to food intolerance can settle in the leg joints (leg pain) or joints of the spine (backache).
- Gradual weight change: Thyroid & metabolism are all affected by food intolerance.
- Tinea or Yeast (Candida) infections: fungal infections like thrush, jock itch, and ring worm can all be signs of an underlying food intolerance.
- Clumsiness, lack of coordination: when the nervous system is affected by food intolerance, unexpected muscular consequences can be observed
- Miscarriage, infertility: choosing the right foods is key to a healthy pregnancy
- Hemorrhoids and Ear pain: are all tied to food intolerance in many cases
- Cravings, addictions: Are there foods you absolutely cannot live without? That’s a form of addiction. Addictions are another sign of undiagnosed food intolerance.
The team at Ann Arbor Holistic Health is here to help you.
Please call (734) 222-8210 at any time. We can set up a free evaluation and consultation when you’re ready.
on Food Allergies
on Gluten Intolerance
Fig 1. These are common foods that can cause allergies:
- Other tree nuts
- Shell fish
Allergies are caused by food or other proteins crossing the intestinal wall, or lungs and eliciting an immune response.
Food Sensitivity: an abnormal reaction to food or food additives. Sulfites, Aspartame, MSG, Yellow dye 3, Preservatives like BHT & BHA are common additives that can cause reactions.
Food Intolerance: a digestive irritation. This occurs when food irritates the digestive system, but does not affect the immune system. It can produce gas, bloating, cramps & diarrhea. For example, if you lack lactase, your body would be lactose intolerant and you could not breakdown the sugars in milk. Lactose intolerance is one of the most common examples of food intolerance.