Credentialing & Professional Affiliation Sites:
(NCCAOM) National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
(NCCAM) National Center for Complimentary and Alternative Medicine part of the National Institute of Health (NIH)
(MAAOM) Michigan Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicinewww.michiganacupuncture.org
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance
The National Institute of Health - Information on Acupuncture
(AAOM) American Associating of Oriental Medicine
American Academy of Medical Acupuncture.
General Resource Sites:
This website provides general information, articles and resources for holistic health options.
Acupuncture Today is a leading provider of acupuncture news, information and research in the world.
The Institute for Traditional Medicine and Preventive Health Care, enriches the lives of people seeking traditional medicine knowledge and services by clarifying the nature of traditional medicine and demonstrating how it can be utilized in the modern setting.
MedlinePlus will direct you to information to help answer health questions. MedlinePlus brings together authoritative information from NLM, the National Institutes of Health (NIH), and other government agencies and health-related organizations.
Fox News Tonight, Pricks Prevent Pain, The Benefits of Acupuncture, Published: Sun, 16 Aug 2009
ARTICLES OF INTEREST:
- Acupuncture Entering the Main Stream
- Acupuncture General
- Acupuncture – Detroit Free Press
- Cancer Treatment
- Needles & nerves
- World Health Organization
- A Knife in the Back
- Headaches – Needles May Work Better then Pills
- Headache Tension Benefit from Acupuncture
- Low back Pain
- Pain Specialist
Woman’s Reproductive Health
- Treating Infertility with Chinese Medicine
- Acupuncture and Conception
- Acupuncture May Improve IVF Outcome
- Acupuncture Improves Reproductive Therapy
- Pregnancy and Progesterone
- Women with Older Ovaries
- Infertility and Acupuncture
- Infertility and Chinese Herbal Formulas
- Infertility and Body Fat
- Infertility and Diet
- Infertility: A Functional Approach
- Infertility: Longing for a Baby
- Oriental Medicine and Infertility
- Web MD: The Ancient Art of Infertility Treatment
- Vitamin D and Pregnancy
- C Sections & Allergies
Male Reproductive Health:
Sites for Women's Health:
The website of The Infertility Cure© and The Fertile Soul™. Dr. Randine Lewis, Ph.D., wrote The Infertility Cure in 2004 as an all natural infertility treatment to support women’s efforts to get pregnant and have healthy babies. Dr. Lewis wrote the book to introduce women around the world to a groundbreaking program using traditional Chinese medicine: on its own or to use along with and optimize the latest Western-based reproductive technology such as IVF or hormone therapy.
Center For The Childbearing Year
This organization promotes healthy families by providing education, resources, and services that empower pregnant women and their families, and professionals who work with them, during the childbearing year.
New Moon Midwifery is a partnership of two midwives who provide prenatal, homebirth, and postpartum care to pregnant women and their families. They believe that, for most women, pregnancy and birth are normal, healthy life processes. They strive to lovingly assist the birthing woman and her family through pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum by monitoring and supporting the natural process at home.
An important resource tool for women trying to conceive.
Whole Birth Resources is a mindfulness-based educational forum offering innovative classes, teacher training and educational materials that cultivate a deeper understanding and trust in the everyday miracle of pregnancy, birth and family life.
The Tides of Life is an international women’s holistic health resources group provides current, relevant information from many sources that every woman can use. Please take some time to browse around in The Library of alternative health articles.
The Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology provides informational resources and a forum to explore assisted reproductive technologies. This site also provides a comparison of fertility clinic IVF success rates.
Acubalance Wellness Centre is the first Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinic in Western Canada entirely dedicated to treating infertility and men's and women's reproductive health.
The Bump is general resource website for women are in the process of starting a family as well as in need of support during their pregnancy.
Articles of Interest
- Acid Alkaline Balance
- Acid Alkaline Balance Diet
- Diabetes Inflamation
- Enzyme Nutrition Loomis Institute
- Enzymes and the Pain of Arthritis
- Enzymes What Are They
- Systemic Enzymes and What Do They Do
- The role of digestive enzymes
- Understanding Digestive Enzymes
- Understanding Enzyme Nutrition
Information on food and nutrition
- The George Mateljan Foundation for The World's Healthiest Foods was established by George Mateljan to discover, develop and share scientifically proven information about the benefits of healthy eating, and to provide the personalized support individuals need to make eating The World's Healthiest Foods enjoyable, easy, quick and affordable.
Websites and Resources on Related to Enzyme Nutrition
- Medical references for drug related nutrient depletions and other related information from the University of Maryland School Of Medicine.
- The Loomis Institute of Enzyme Nutrition provides education and support for healthcare practitioners. We align ourselves with industry leaders to further this goal providing Continuing Education credits, monthly articles and post-graduate courses.
- Enzymedica is dedicated to providing exceptional enzyme-focused supplements at the most therapeutic levels available in the natural foods industry and beyond. It is our commitment to provide unprecedented education and research that propels individuals on the path to vibrant health.
- The Weston A. Price Foundation is dedicated to restoring nutrient-dense foods to the human diet through education, research and activism.
This website provides practical resources for a gluten free lifestyle.
Provides a guide for gluten free restaurants.
This website provides a comprehensive resource on Celiac Disease and Gluten-free Diet Information Since 1995.
A comprehensive website providing easy to understand information on gluten free eating.
Articles of Interest
- A natural approach to hypothyroidism can work wonders
- Bioidentical Hormones
- Estrogen Dominance
- Hypothyroidism in Menopause
- Hypothyroidism Symptoms
- Iodine and Female Health
- Progesterone & Balancing Hormones
- Prostate Health
- Saliva Hormone Testing
- Thyroid, Depression & Mental Health
- Thyroid Myths
- Understanding Hormones